The Nancy Raglan from 5oo4 isn’t a new pattern, but it is a great one. I made Momma Mia one for the #Breakallthedamnrules tour, but didn’t get it worked into the month that was jam packed with great makes! The readers of my blog know that Momma Mia doesn’t mix prints and Momma Mia doesn’t do wild color or prints. (Insert Side Eye) Well Momma Mia, You shouldn’t have neon blue tights in your dresser drawer. (Insert Evil Eye)
This is the first Raglan I have made for Momma Mia, it may actually be the only one in her closet. I can say she loved it! I made her an A-Line Dress with elbow length sleeves. Elbow sleeves aren’t an actual option with this pattern so I just shortened the ¾ sleeves a few inches to get to her favorite length. That is the beauty of sewing. You make the pattern fit your needs! I also made this pattern with a cowl neck.
My favorite things about 5 out of 4 patterns are all the options. Here is a run down of all the great things that you can choose from on the Nancy Raglan.
- 5 bodice styles: Shirt, Tunic, A-line Dress, Swing Dress, Layered Dress (A-line with a loose fit overlay)
- 4 sleeve lengths: Short, 3/4, Long, Extra Long
- 4 neckline options: Crew, V-neck, Hood, Cowl
- 3 sleeve finishes: Hemmed, Cuffs, Thumbhole Cuffs
- Nursing access via invisible zippers and including a modesty panel. The nursing access is available on all styles except the layered dress.
- Maternity with ruched sides. The maternity option is included with all styles except the layered dress.
- Other options include: side vents on the tunic, pockets on the swing dress, and a banded bottom for the shirt and tunic.
Since these was made during #Breakallthedamnrules let’s talk about why it works!
Ummm Because I said so! LOL I like the bright pop of blue and how it plays with the bright pink and golds in the dress. I had her load up on the fun bracelets, to match the gold flowers in her dress. In a last minute executive designs, we realized my backpack was a perfect match for the pinks and blues! The geometric print of the bag is a nice match with the floral.
This is an XL graded to a XXL. I used the included FBA pattern piece for extra comfort. This floral print fabric is from Stitchin’ Pretties. It is called Millie, it is double brushed poly and I love it. That is why I have ordered it 3 times now! Millie is sold out, but there are dozens of other gorgeous fabrics at Stitchin’ Pretties! They also have a 1 day shipping turn around during the week. 🙂 I also used it to make this cardigan.
You can pick up this pattern along with anything from 5 out of 4 Patterns using this link.