5 out of 4 has continued with their basics line. The next pattern is Sheila. Sheila is a top or dress depending on which you prefer. I sewed the dress version which turned out lovely. I love that even though this is a basic pattern it still has a few options, one of which is a full bust adjustment. Trust me, if you need one, it really is a game changer in the look and fit of your clothing.
So let’s run through the options first.
- Regular front bodice OR FBA (Full Bust Adjustment) front bodice
- Two Hem lengths: top or dress
- Three Sleeve Lengths: short, 3/4 or long
- Sizes XXS – 5XL
I sewed up the dress length with a height adjustment for my 5’1 self. I used the 4x bust with the included FBA. I graded out to the 5x waist and hips. I used the 3/4 sleeves for my dress as this fabric is heavier in weight and these colors are putting me in a Fall frame of mine.
So let’s talk about my fabric. I dug deep into my stash to get this fabric. This is a heavier weight knit, possibly an ITY. I ordered it last year from I am Sew Blessed. I love that this fabric is heavy enough that it doesn’t blow up in the wind, it isn’t see through, and is smooths things out a bit. All 3 things are good to have when making a more fitted dress.
- Check out this great highlight VIDEO of all of the Sheila testers!
Also go check out 5 out of 4’s brand new website! It looks amazing, it is easy to navigate and now has a search feature!
You can follow all of my sewing adventures through the links below!
- You can follow my blog by clicking the Follow button on the right side of my blog.
- You can follow me on Instagram by clicking here.
- You can follow me on Facebook by clicking here.
- You can follow me on YouTube by clicking here.
- You can follow me on Pinterest by clicking here.
This blog contains affiliate links.