Back to the Basics with 5oo4. Did you check out the basic tanks a few weeks ago? They are pretty great and here is the second release in the basic top set. This is the Michelle. Michelle can be a top or a tunic length depending on which you prefer. It is has 4 different sleeve length options.
Some people may be wondering why 5oo4 is creating the basics line when they have so many amazingly detailed and jam packed with option patterns. The reasons are actually pretty great! The basic line is being designed for two reason. First – They are simple and easy to follow patterns designed with the beginner in mind. They include written directions, pictures, and also videos to help you have the best chance at perfect assembly.
Second- Everyone needs basics. Basic tees and tanks are perfect to layer under sweaters and cardigans. Basics are made so quickly you can make them in every color just in case. 🙂 When you are new to sewing, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the options that are included in some pattern. Sometimes, less really is more. Also I love when a pattern is the perfect frame for pattern hacking. You already know the fit will be good, you can use it to put your spin on it.
The Michelle includes these options.
- Regular front bodice OR FBA (Full Bust Adjustment) front bodice
- Three sleeve lengths: short, 3/4 or long.
- Two hem lengths: top or tunic
- Sizes XXS – 5XL
I sewed up the 4x FBA graded to a 5x, tunic length with 3/4 sleeves. I picked this fabric up about 2 years ago at a thrift store, but the selvage edge says it is from Joanns.
Still need to see some more Michelle?
- Check out this great highlight VIDEO of all of our Michelle testers!
You can pick up the Michelle pattern from this aff link while it is on sale through the weekend.
You can follow all of my sewing adventures through the links below!
- You can follow my blog by clicking the Follow button on the right side of my blog.
- You can follow me on Instagram by clicking here.
- You can follow me on Facebook by clicking here.
- You can follow me on YouTube by clicking here.
- You can follow me on Pinterest by clicking here.
This blog contains affiliate links