The Women’s Sydney has been on my sewing table twice so far! The first time, I sewed the pockets in wrong TWICE. I threw it into a corner. I have some pieces, some parts are in the scrap bin, and I think there also may be a piece of it on the bookcase in my bedroom. So this time when Momma Mia needed a new dress, I decided I would make the Sydney again. I gave myself a little pep talk and set to work.
Momma Mia always requests two things when I sew for her. Elbow-ish length sleeves and the dress length should be around her calves. She was in luck, as these were both options for the Sydney dress.
We decided she will have the elbow length sleeves, Tea length dress and it would be a half circle skirt not a full circle. She also got the Jewel front neckline and the Scoop for her back neckline. Here are all the options included with the Sydney Dress.
- Regular and Full Bust Adjustment (FBA) pattern pieces are both included
- Lift Up nursing option included
- Multiple neckline options!
- The front neckline can be Jewel, Scoop, or V-neck.
- The back neckline can be High, Low scoop, or V-neck.
- Fully Lined Bodice
- Short, Elbow, Three-quarter, and Long sleeves
- Multiple Skirt Options!
- Half Circle – Peplum, Knee, Tea, and Maxi Lengths
- Full Circle – Peplum and Knee Lengths
- Sizes XXS-5XL
The bodice is fully lined which means it uses a bit more fabric than just a regular top, but the neckline is super neat since there is no banding, no binding, or no top stitching. I had a 4 yard length of this amazing brushed poly fabric, which I got from Sly Fox Fabrics, but ending up needing just a little bit more for one half of the lining. Thankfully, I have a well-stocked scrap pile!
Overall, this dress sewed fairly quickly even though it has a lot of steps. Pockets, lined bodice, sleeves, and a mile of hemline on this dress. It was all worth it, Momma Mia is happy and likes twirling around in her new dress!
You can follow all of my sewing adventures through the links below!
- You can follow my blog by clicking the Follow button on the right side of my blog.
- You can follow me on Instagram by clicking here.
- You can follow me on Facebook by clicking here.
- You can follow me on YouTube by clicking here.
- You can follow me on Pinterest by clicking here.
This blog contains affiliate links.