It is $5 weekend at 5 out of 4 and this week the Eleanor Cardigan is on sale!
Another Eleanor Cardigan is in the books err…closet for me! I am getting some good use out of this pattern. I think this is number 5 for me. I made the mid-thigh length, but didn’t adjust for height so it falls a little lower. This pattern comes in 3 different lengths. Mid-thigh, knee and duster length are all included options. There are also multiple sleeve lengths, a pocket option, and the option of adding a hood.
I used this wonderfully soft Hacci sweater knit to make this Eleanor cardigan. This fabric is available from Stitchin’ Pretties. I love the pink and black combo and the fact that is it plaid is super cool! Here is the link to pick up some Gina for yourself! If you don’t love pink and black plaid, there are 13 other Hacci sweater knits at Stitchin’ Pretties. Literally, something for everyone! I used some leftover black Liverpool scraps to line my hood and make the band.
This pattern sewed up quickly using my serger for the entire project up to the point of hemming.
I used a simple zig zag stitch to hem the sleeves and bottom. I used the 4x for the bust and graded to a 5x. I also used the 5x for the sleeves so I didn’t have to adjust the sleeves to fit my bicep. That is a bonus in my book! I choose to use the looser fitting sleeve option of the pattern as well.
I paired my new Hacci Eleanor with the 5oo4 Virginia Tank. I used double brushed poly for that tank. I have shown so many versions of the Virginia Tank on my blog. It is my favorite!!Again here are all the options for Virginia. 🙂
- Tank top with optional built-in bra
- Separate full bust adjustment (FBA) pattern pieces for the tank and bra
- Knee length or Maxi length skirt
- Skirt can be made from woven or knit fabric
- Tank top has two neckline options in the front and two neckline options in the back
- Dress can be made with knit waistband or elastic casing
- Maternity option
- Sizes XXS-5XL
- Matching girls’ option! Check out the Girls’ Virginia Tank & Maxi and get 10% off when you buy both patterns at once!
Pattern Links for Virginia
Here is the link to the Women’s pattern.
Here is the link to the Girl’s pattern.
Here are the options for Eleanor!
3 lengths- Tunic, Knee, and Duster
- Regular long sleeves and “extra” long sleeve cut lines. Whether you’re like me and have long arms or you just like your sleeves to cover your hands, Eleanor literally has you covered.
- Pockets big enough for your phone!
- Optional belt loops and tie belt
- 2 sleeve widths – relaxed or slim fitting
- Optional hood
- Elbow button or snap cuff for rolling up your sleeves to 3/4 length
- Don’t forget that you can bundle the Women’s and Girls’ Eleanor Cardigans for an extra $2 off!
You can follow all of my sewing adventures through the links below!
- You can follow my blog by clicking the Follow button on the right side of my blog.
- You can follow me on Instagram by clicking here.
- You can follow me on Facebook by clicking here.
- You can follow me on YouTube by clicking here.
- You can follow me on Pinterest by clicking here.
This blog contains affiliate links.
One thought on “Eleanor Cardigan is the $5 weekend feature!”
Thanks sequoia ! I’ll probably order this one !! I love your cardigan !! Love the pink !!!
On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 4:18 PM SequoiaLynn Sews wrote:
> SequoiaLynnSews posted: “It is $5 weekend at 5 out of 4 and this week the > Eleanor Cardigan is on sale! Another Eleanor Cardigan is in the books > err…closet for me! I am getting some good use out of this pattern. I > think this is number 5 for me. I made the mid-thigh length, bu” >
Comments are closed.