I made the Forte Tunic back in late November when I was down with the cooties. I finally have taken photos of it and am able to share. What I didn’t know was that Love Notions was putting their entire website on sale for the new year. So before we get much farther, this awesome pattern is on sale for 30% off which makes it only $7.00!
I sewed up View A. The gathered skirt peplum style is always a favorite of mine as I like to conceal my stomach. I did add 2 inches to the length of the bodice because I prefer a little extra coverage. I also wish I would have add an extra inch to the flounce. I used the 4x with the included FBA and graded out to the 5x. I picked the short sleeve option with the flounce. This is the scoop neck version. I love it! I love that Love Notions has recently expanded to 5x on their size chart and now I am included!!!
In other exciting news, I was recently invited to become a part of the Love Notions team as a Brand Ambassador. It always feels super amazing to be recognized in a community with literally THOUSANDS of other great options! You will see a whole lotta LN in the upcoming year because I really do like their style!
This pattern is rated for confident beginners. I love that the Love Notions team is great at explaining the options and how to sew your best garment! Here is all that is included with just this one pattern!!
- Four top views:
- A- gathered skirt peplum style with scoop neck
- B- waterfall skirt with v-neck
- C- classic tee with scoop neck
- D- gathered inverted with v-neck
- Two dress views: B & D
- Six sleeve options to mix and match:
- short with flounce
- plain short
- plain mid-length
- plain long
- A full bust piece is also included for ladies with a 4-6″ high bust to full bust difference– no need to do a FBA! The Forte is fitted at the bust with plenty of ease in the waist and hips.