BIG NEWS!!! THIS PATTERN JUST WENT ON SALE FOR 30% OFF!!!
I am still catching up from being sickie… Here we go again!!
I missed Momma Mia’s Birthday and Thanksgiving and work and life…
I was sickkkk. I missed all the fun, but I kept my cooties to myself. For a Birthday surprise, I sewed up a new top for Momma Mia. This is the Annabeth from 5oo4 patterns. She liked my original one so I thought she would enjoy a comfy shirt as well. I even got to dig into my scrap pile for this one!
Remember this gorgeous French Terry from my Constellation Hoodie? I sewed that project at Momma Mia’s and she mentioned she liked the fabric. Lucky for her, I had enough left overs to make her a shirt! I always feel Raglan tops, with their large wonky sleeves, lend themselves well to scraps because the bodice bodies and sleeves are often similar sized pieces. Typically, when I make a shirt that is cut on the fold, I end up with about a 15 inch offcut at the side and it goes into the scrap pile. Momma Mia needs about 15 inches to make her sleeves 🙂 So I used my left over FT for the bodice and leftover DBP for the sleeves, bands, and cuffs. Score! I used this same tan color recently on her Jessie Dress. I hope she liked the color. I think it’s pretty.
I made the XL FBA bust to a 3x waist back to an XL hip. This way, she can layer it up, wear it over leggings or just lounge around the house and be comfy. She is similar to me in this way and comfort always wins! Momma Mia is wearing a tunic length, not shortened for her height. I banded the sleeves and the bottom shirt hem. She got long sleeves, no pocket. Even though this top looks color blocked, I didn’t use the color blocked pattern option which is actually different panels for the sides.
Here are all of the options for Annabeth.
The Women’s Annabeth Top and Tunic Sweatshirt includes:
- Raglan style sleeves
- Solid or color-blocked options
- Hidden front pocket or kangaroo pocket
- Short or long sleeves that can be hemmed or finished with a band
- Regular sweatshirt top length or tunic length with a lower hem in the back
- Hem is finished with a band
- Standard cuffs or a NEW thumbhole cuff option
- Crewneck or cross over hood
- Regular bodice or full bust adjustment (FBA) bodice
- Sizes XXS – 5X (see the last image for yardage and size chart)
- See the awesome video of all of our tester’s designs here!
The entire 5oo4 website is now 30% off!!! Time to shop, these deals are rare!