Vivace is about to be your most comfortable everyday garment. As a shirt, tunic, or a dress, you can’t beat it! This is a super fast sew, but the extra wide neck band and the front pleat makes it a little fancy! Don’t worry, the wide V neck collar isn’t too tricky. The designer, Tami, even made a little video to show you how to do it.
So first up, fabric choices. I used a beautiful floral double brushed poly that I picked up from Ksews AKA The Material Girls on Facebook. I had 3 yards of this beautiful fabric. It sewed up so neatly. I adored the bright cheery colors of this one and then I added the striped contrasting fabric for the neck and sleeve bands for even more color. This stripes are cut on grain which is the opposite of the directions tell you to do, but I wanted my strips to be short instead of long. This pattern requires a knit fabric with 40% stretch and DBP has the required stretch in both directions, so it worked out fine! You could also make your top out of a woven fabric as that pattern is included as well.
Now let’s talk about options.
- Knit and woven versions
- Full Bust pattern pieces if needed
- Dolman style sleeve
- Three lengths- shirt, tunic & dress
- Trimless pattern format
- Print at home
- In addition to the print-at-home
- file is a large format file for copy shop printing is included for both standard and full busts. These files will print on six A0 (33″ x 46″) size sheets. Be sure to instruct your printer to print actual size in black and white on their cheapest paper. We recommend PDFPlotting for printing the large format files.
- A projector file is also included for those using projector technology
I sewed up the 4x FBA graded to a 5x. I used the 5x sleeves so I wouldn’t need to do a bicep adjustment and my sleeves would still fit. These sleeves are a roomier fit which is nice. My original plan was to make the tunic length, but I had enough fabric for the dress length, so I went for it. I am happy I did, I could easily tie a knot at one side and wear this as a tunic! Double-Duty without the work! I could absolutely see sewing a few of these up, just to wear around the house as a house dress. Ultra comfy, super cozy. Totally a win-win
This dress sewed together very quickly as most Dolamn style garments, but it will take a few minutes to interface the neckband pieces..Don’t skip this step. It will make a difference in how neatly your neckband lays.
I think this dress will make the perfect summer dress. A little fancier than the basic tshirt dress, but just and easy to make and wear. I have one cut out for Momma Mia already. Give my blog a follow and stop back in a few days to see it!
Do you love this pattern and want to pick it up while it is on sale? Here is the link.
- You can follow my blog by clicking the Follow button on the right side of my blog.
- You can follow me on Instagram by clicking here.
- You can follow me on Facebook by clicking here.
- You can follow me on YouTube by clicking here.
- You can follow me on Pinterest by clicking here.
As always this blog contains affiliate links, which is a small commission I earn when you make a purchase from my blog links. Thank you for helping to support my sewing.
3 thoughts on “Love Notions – Vivace”
Love your fabric choices. I would not have thought of using the stripes, but they look great. Very cute dress.
LikeLiked by 1 person
This dress looks amazing on you! Thanks for sharing a great pattern and your thoughts on the how easy it is to make! I hate to make bicep adjustments too! 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.