Fall is my favorite time of year so this is the perfect chance to write about some of my favorite patterns! Today I am focusing on Love Notions because starting today they have a huge 40% off sale going on. This is their LAST SALE of the year and you do not want to miss it!
Let’s start with the Salone Sweater. I sewed up the 4x fba graded 5x. I cut view B as I wanted a roomier fit and I selected the color blocked yoke and elbow patches for my options! Don’t be scared of the elbow patches like I was. I ended up pinning them in place and stitching around the. Then I trimmed close to the stitching to prefect fraying. Easy peasy. I used my duck bill scissors so I would not accidently snip my fabric. I added 1.5 inches length so my fit would be a tunic since I didn’t want to add a bottom band! I ADORE these top. The pretty colors are muted enough for fall and the weight of this fabric is perfect!
This pattern is rated for confident beginners.
- XS-5X with FBA included
- Two body views:
- A- more fitted with curved hem, hits at mid-hip
- B- boxy fit with hem band, hits at high hip.
- Elbow patches
- Kangaroo pocket
This time I sewed for Momma Mia! I need to get her closet caught up to mine! The Boyfriend cardigan hasn’t been updated yet to the larger size chart, but she is on it so that’s awesome! I sewed her the mid length cardigan with the larger shawl collar. This fabric is a looser stretch weave so I reinforced EACH AND EVERY SEAM with clear elastic. I was worried it would “Grow” as she wore it. This will help!
My Next Share is a Two for One
My sweater is the La Bella Donna and it is all sorts of amazing! I think I now have 5 of them and I am not sorry.
I sewed the 5x FBA, long sleeve tunic length with a cowl! (Insert Heart Eyes) I love this version. I used sweater knit from Stitchin’ Pretties and I am obsessed, honestly!
The pattern includes all this fun stuff…
- Ladies sizes XS-5X
- Shirt length with shirt tail hem
- Shirt length with banded hem
- Tunic length with pocket option
- Full bust option for both views
- 3 sleeve options: short, 3/4 & long cuffed
- Hood & cowl options
Now I will let you in on a little secret! The La Bella Donna looks amazing with the recently updated Oakley. See, I have already done it twice! Plus a new one today!
I love this combo and I think you will also! This is view C of the pattern with internal pocket.
Three body views:
- A- open front, fully lined with optional in-seam pockets, meant for faux furs and minky-type fabrics.
- B- Separating zippered front, bias bound, patch pockets. Choose a collar or hood.
- C- Separating zippered front, bias bound, princess seams with integrated pockets. Choose a collar or hood.
- All views include a full bust piece option.
Do Not miss out on this sale! 40% off everything except the Gliss pants!
This blog contains Aff. Links which doesn’t effect the price for you, but is a small commission from the designer to me.