Hi Friends! I have a few things to let ya know about. First off the Constellation Hoodie pattern is the Feature Friday pattern at Love Notions this week and it is Fall Perfection! Since it is on feature it is only $5 and worth every penny!
I made my first one almost 2 years ago and blogged about it here. I used the hood options and the thumb hole cuffs on that version so this time I knew I wanted to show off different options!
This time I used a heavier weight fabric and I love the slight structure of it. My collar stands up nicely which was really important to me! I used the regular cuff with an additional .5 inches of width added since I left the original length was a bit snug and I was unable to push my sleeves up.
Let’s talk about my fabric. Like I said, I used a heavier weight fabric which I picked up at Zinck’s of Berlin. I loved the pale purple background with the purple and red plaid layout. If you notice, the inside of my collar and the background behind my pockets, that fabric is actually my main fabric just the backside of it. 🙂 I couldn’t really find a fabric that contrasted yet matched enough to work so this ended up being the perfect solution. My red accent fabric is a scuba weight fabric and my red zipper were both also from Zinck’s.
Here is a list of the important things that are included with the Constellation Hoodie.
This pdf pattern is rated for confident beginners
- Three hem options: curved hem, bound curved hem, banded hem
- Collar & hood options
- Clean finish techniques
- Two video clips- zipper installation & binding
- Cuffs with thumbhole option
- The half zip makes nursing a breeze
- A FBA (full bust adjustment) piece is included
- Trimless pattern format
- Print at home
- In addition to the print-at-home file is a large format file for copy shop printing is included. This file will print on two A0 (33″ x 46″) size sheets. Be sure to instruct your printer to print actual size in black and white on their cheapest paper. We recommend PDFPlotting for printing the large format files.
Yeah! Another fall make in the books! I am thrilled and so ready to wear this one out and about. What do you think? A Fall staple? Do you plan to make one? Let me know!
Also something else that is super exciting. Today I am on the Love Notion’s blog writing their Focus on Fit segment. I will walk you through 7 simple steps to do a full bicep adjustment. Please stop by and show me some love and learn this amazingly helpful adjustment!