Who is still sewing Christmas gifts in the 11th hour? Me! I am so far behind on sewing in general and am just struggling with the motivation to sew at all. I guess sewing with deadlines is a true motivator though because here I am making Momma Mia a new PJ house dress in time to share for the #5oo4pajamaparty. This is also 100% supportive of my motto which is “Pants are dumb.'”
I made Momma Mia a pajama dress so she can feel extra comfy while lounging around this winter. I love wearing new clothing no matter where I am actually wearing them. This is the 5 out of 4 Easy Tee that you have seen me use so many times. This is one of my favorite patterns ever and I have likely sewn it in every combination at this point. Just like almost all of the other 5oo4 patterns, this one comes loaded with options.
- Women’s Sizes XXS-5XL
- Regular, FBA (full bust adjustment) or Maternity bodices
- Top, Tunic, Short dress, and Knee Length Dress options
- Hemmed or Band hem options for the shirt and tunic
- Curved hem option that is in between the shirt and tunic lengths
- Pockets for the dress options
- Optional breast pocket
- Crew neck, scoop neck, or v-neck
- Hoods for both the crew and the scoop neck versions
- Cuffs for all sleeve lengths (sleeveless, short, 3/4, and long), including thumbhole cuffs if you want them!
I sewed the knee length dress with a few extra inches added to make it a bit longer. I used the crew neck line and the 3/4 sleeves. Plus we can’t forget the pockets for snacks. She was a bit shocked and asked if I really put pockets in her PJs. I couldn’t come up with a single reason NOT to put pockets in her PJs, so yes she has pockets in her new jams! lol
My fabric is a festive double brushed poly that was sent to me by the lovely Jessica Cee of JOT designs. When I grabbed it off the shelf, I thought it was horizontal stripes, but was kinda excited that they turned out to be vertical. PS: Horizontal stipes can be worn my any BODY!
So who else is still sewing Christmas or Holiday gifts? I know I am not alone!
If you would like to add the Easy Tee to your collection for either yourself or someone else, here is my afflink.