I *think* I have sewn 7 Gloria tops! One of my favorite ones is missing from the college below. I can’t locate a picture of it. 😦 This is one of my most loved patterns. I love that it is loaded with options on its own, but it is super hackable!
Today I am sharing a new hack and it is for Momma Mia! You will notice she isn’t in lock down and was able to be in the pictures. I took this photos a few weeks ago before house arrest! So let’s talk about what I did…
First off, this isn’t your typical Gloria bodice. I added 3 inches to the length of the bodice as Momma Mia requested it to attach to the skirt closer to her hips. That was easy to do by just lengthening the bodice. For the skirt, I used the long hi lo skirt option. I love that the hi lo shows off her stylish boots while still swaying as the wind blows. She wanted long sleeves and the higher neck line. I was able to make her dress exactly how she wanted it and she was so pleased with it.
My fabric is a Liverpool base and these flowers are so pretty. I picked it up at Zinck’s Fabric Warehouse just before Christmas. What you can’t see from these pictures is when I got the fabric home, there was a large section of fabric that the ink had been smeared/discolored so I had to do some fancy cutting. I ended up having to put a seam down the back of the skirt in order to get this skirt length. It all worked out in the end, though it was super annoying at the time.
- Regular Bodice and 1″ FBA Bodice pieces.
- Peplum, Short or Long Skater Skirt Lengths
- Peplum, Short or Long Hi Lo Skirt Lengths (with instructions on how to combine for a more dramatic Hi Lo effect)
- Traditional Sleeve with 5 Lengths: Sleeveless, Short, Elbow, 3/4 and Long
- Split Sleeve with 4 Lengths: Short, Elbow, 3/4 and Long
- 2 Neckline Options: High or Low Scoop
- Full Bust Adjustment Tutorial section
- Instructions on making the Gloria skirts without the bodice or adding a Circle Skirt to the Gloria bodice
You can follow all of my sewing adventures through the links below!
- You can follow my blog by clicking the Follow button on the right side of my blog.
- You can follow me on Instagram by clicking here.
- You can follow me on Facebook by clicking here.
- You can follow me on YouTube by clicking here.
- You can follow me on Pinterest by clicking here.
This blog contains affiliate links.