Just sharing a new outfit I made Momma Mia. A few weeks ago she was heading south and knew it was going to be super hot! She wanted a couple of tank tops to keep her cool and a new pair of comfy pants to wear on the trip! Digging into her fabric stash, I keep it with mine, I found this pretty pink plaid and floral combo. We had ordered in late last year and only one yard. I knew it would be prefect for her new top!
This tank is Virginia, I know that it is shocking to my readers, but it really is my favorite tank top! I have a secret though, something new is coming to the mix really soon! This time I added 2 inches to the overall length to provide the coverage she wants! She is wearing an XL graded to XXL. This is the higher neckline option and this double brushed poly is from Sly Fox Fabrics. This pattern sews so easily and quickly! I really to love it. I can’t stress it enough. If you don’t have it in your 5oo4 library, why the heck not?
Did you realize this Tank top with optional built-in bra pattern also has an included skirt?!
- Separate full bust adjustment (FBA) pattern pieces for the tank and bra
- Knee length or Maxi length skirt
- Skirt can be made from woven or knit fabric
- Tank top has two neckline options in the front and two neckline options in the back
- Dress can be made with knit waistband or elastic casing
- Maternity option
- Sizes XXS-5XL
- Matching girls’ option! Check out the Girls’ Virginia Tank & Maxi and get 10% off when you buy both patterns at once!
Time for the pants! For these pants I used the Molly PJs as a base. Since I made them back in the late fall, I knew how they fit and she knew what she wanted to adjust so they were a little less “Pajama” like. First, we slimmed down the legs to a small from a medium waist. I also used the cut line for the size small for the front crotch curve to reduce a little bit of fabric excess there. I used the elastic waist option here and I removed several inches of length as well. Not to self: A little too much. In fitting pants, Momma Mia wants them high rise and not too tight on her belly. When you make your own clothing (or your daughter makes them :)) you can get exactly what you want.
Here are the pattern options that come with Molly PJ set! Yes there is also a shirt!
The Molly Women’s Pajama Set PDF sewing pattern includes the following:
- Short or Long Sleeve Top lengths
- Optional Long Sleeve Cuffs
- Shorts or Pants Lengths
- Knit Waistband or Elastic Waistband
- Optional Pants Cuffs
- Optional Bum Panel to show off your creativeness
The solid DBP is also from Sly Fox Fabrics and it is called slate.
You can follow all of my sewing adventures through the links below!
- You can follow my blog by clicking the Follow button on the right side of my blog.
- You can follow me on Instagram by clicking here.
- You can follow me on Facebook by clicking here.
- You can follow me on YouTube by clicking here.
- You can follow me on Pinterest by clicking here.
This blog contains affiliate links. This doesn’t change any pricing for you, it allows me to receive a small commission on any patterns you may purchase. Thank you.