Last week, 5 out of 4 hosted a Sew Along on their website/Facebook group/Youtube Channel for the Camilla Top. I usually don’t get super amped up about Sew Alongs because I don’t like to drag a project out for days. However, if I love the project as much as I love Camilla…Game On!
I have made several Camilla tops and you can view them by clicking the link. Camilla is a fairly quick sew especially when you have made it few times! Give it a try!!
Let’s talk about fabric. I want to start by saying I am 100% in love with the feel of this fabric! Hello cool drapy goodness…I need you in my life! This fabric is Cameron ITY and it is from Stitchin’ Pretties. I love ITY. This one was easy to sew, cool to the touch, and has the best drape EVER! The Camilla top really needs a fabric with amazing drape to make the best of the front cowl neckline.
I just ordered another ITY print from Stitchin’ Pretties. Don’t forget that during this whole Covid Crisis, Stitchin’ Pretties is offering to throw in an extra 1 yard of fabric for each 2 yard cut you order! Psst… for the record, a medium box will hold 12 yards…. that may
or may not be just what I ordered. I should have my fabric in hand by Saturday! Laura is a shipping ninja! #SupportSmallBusiness
The Camilla pattern
- Sleeveless, Short, Elbow, 3/4, Long, and Extra Long Sleeves;
- Shirt, Tunic, A-line Dress, and Swing Dress;
- Maternity option;
- Band option for each sleeve length, including thumbhole cuffs;
- Hem Band Option;
- Optional Pockets for Swing Dress; and
- Optional ruched sides of bodice
This time I decided to do a straight 5x to have a little more room through the bust area. Since this is an older 5oo4 pattern, it doesn’t include the FBA which is now included with their patterns. I also graded out to the A-line dress lines, but cut it at a tunic length. This allowed me to have a little more room overall. My sleeves are elbow length.
Are you ready to start shopping now?
Here is the Cameron Fabric. Don’t forget, order 2 yards, Laura will throw in a bonus yard of her choice!
You can follow all of my sewing adventures through the links below!
- You can follow my blog by clicking the Follow button on the right side of my blog.
- You can follow me on Instagram by clicking here.
- You can follow me on Facebook by clicking here.
- You can follow me on YouTube by clicking here.
- You can follow me on Pinterest by clicking here.
This blog contains affiliate links.